Click to meet @Andrew Edwards, our Champion of the month!

• 20 October 2023
  • 2 replies
Click to meet @Andrew Edwards, our Champion of the month!
Userlevel 6

Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard, in our news, or sharing their kick ass skills.

Meet our newest selected Champion, @Andrew Edwards 

1. Please tell us a bit about your role. 

My role involves managing the relationship with Bynder and being the link between our development team when designing additional integration or automation. I am also the point of contact and helpdesk for our DAM users, troubleshooting issues internally or with Bynder, license seat management, onboarding users and supplying system training or planning housekeeping and system health. I am always focused on incrementally improving and developing taxonomy, metadata or functionality to enhance productivity and efficiency, adding value and greater worth to the system to benefit the company. I do love a good DAM.

2. What Bynder products are you currently using to support your business? 

Sky currently has the Bynder Digital Asset Management system deployed.

3. How are you integrating your DAM? 

We began our DAM project four years ago to fulfil the requirement for an image repository. A familiar story: for years, we had accumulated assets stored on multiple servers, local drives, CDs, and portable hard drives with little to no use of embedded metadata. Our Sky DAM now provides a single and secure source of truth for all our content provider's intellectual property used by business-wide stakeholders. Over the last three years, our DAM has become an integral part of our connected business ecosystem. We have built API listening and publishing services to enable our DAM to communicate and retrieve data from our Internal Broadcast Management System to enrich metadata but, most notably, to automatically publish imagery to our customers on the storefront of our digital products.

4. Where are you seeing the most value from Bynder?

As the world has become more metadata-enriched and reliant on automation, enabling that information to be easily accessed, current, correct and meaningful is vital for a business and its systems and procedures to work effectively. Our DAM helps us do that. 

Bynder has consistently provided fantastic technical support from the start, so a massive thank you and shout out to the excellent and knowledgeable Byndie, @Sebastian Schneider 

5. What is something you’ve done that no one has done before?

We have taken a project designed as an internal metadata-enriched repository for imagery and developed it into a valuable automated tool that publishes platform-ready digital assets to our numerous media platforms where our customers can begin their content discovery journey because it ALL STARTS with an image.

6. What do you like most about the Bynder Community?  

It's a group of customers and experts who go out of their way to support and educate each other on best practices and share their experiences openly. Whether you are in the planning stage, onboarding or deployed, there is always something new to learn from others' chosen paths.

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Thanks @Andrew Edwards for the shoutout 😊 

It was always a pleasure to work with you and the Sky team during my time at Support, despite some of the challenges we faced and resolved together. I was impressed by how you, already early on, managed a complex Taxonomy by leveraging the Bynder API to automate a lot of metadata application, as well as connecting the DAM to your external systems. 

Everyone in the community will greatly benefit from your knowledge and experience!

All the best to you and your colleagues. You’re in good hands with your CSM @Joshua Grant, our global Support heroes, as well as the new local Bynder Melbourne team. 

Sebastian

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @Sebastian Schneider, yes @Joshua Grant is our best CSM yet and the Melbourne office is a fantastic addition to the regions customer support.