You can sync assets from a Cloud Storage service to Bynder, say what!?

• 5 January 2023
  • 3 replies
You can sync assets from a Cloud Storage service to Bynder, say what!?
Userlevel 6

Many of our customers have shared that cloud storage services like Google Drive, Box, and Dropbox are an integral part of their day-to-day processes. They have asked for a more seamless way to connect with these cloud-based storage services and simplify syncing of their assets. 

As a result, we have developed a connector for Google Drive, Box, and Dropbox. With these integrations, users can sync finalized assets from a chosen folder to Bynder for use across their organization. 

How does it work? Configuration is simple. Configure the connector from within Bynder’s settings, selecting the folder or folders to be served. When an asset is added to the folder or folders configured, it will be sent to the Waiting Room to await admin approval and assignment of metadata.

What’s the result? Bynder continues to serve as your one source of truth for finalized assets.

Time is the most precious asset we have, with this integration you will no longer have to manually download and then re-upload these assets or documents from these services to Bynder.

What assets can be synced? You can use all file types supported by Bynder. You can find a full list here.

Want to learn more about Cloud Storage each integration service?

• Check out more information about the Google Drive integration here.

• Check out more information about the Box integration here.

Check out more information about the Dropbox integration here.

Which cloud storage service do you use and why?

3 replies

Hello, just wondering if there are any plans for a Sharepoint integration in the near future? 

Hi Nikki,

We are indeed planning to add Sharepoint (and others like OneDrive).  I don’t have a timeline to share at the moment, but we’re actively working on the integrations hub and adding new features and connectors continuously.  As soon as we have development time to dedicate to Sharepoint, I anticipate we’ll do so.  

I’m particularly interested to know more about how you and your team utilizes Sharepoint with the DAM.  Sharepoint is an interesting app, in that it has multiple use cases both to the DAM and out of it.  Replicating the functionality of the other storage connectors is fairly straightforward, but I’m also curious about how a team might use it to get assets out of the DAM into Sharepoint.  

Userlevel 4

@William Keiffer any update on the SharePoint integration?