Skip to main content

Click to meet @jamieallan, our Champion of the month

• 22 July 2024
  • 8 replies
Click to meet @jamieallan, our Champion of the month

Have you noticed our Champions in the Community? You’ve probably seen their usernames at the top of the leaderboard, in our news, or sharing their kick ass skills.

Meet our newest selected Champion, @jamieallan 

1. Please tell us a bit about your role. 

I’m the Global Senior Brand Manager at the British Council, a charity, which is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, and we support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries worldwide.

Brand is part of the marketing department at the British Council and I contribute to inspiring, enabling and equipping all of our people to bring our brand to life each day.  The primary tool that is helping us achieve that aim is our Bynder portal – AKA the Brand Hub – and I have day-to-day responsibility for managing that, which I do with my team of three colleagues. I also have oversight of our brand enquiries service, our brand training and communications plans for the organisation and management of our global trademark portfolio.

2. What Bynder products are you currently using to support your business? 

We’re using a number of the products:

1. DAM with AI-Search and Anti-Virus Scan
  2. Brand Guidelines
  3. Advanced Analytics
  4. Content Workflow

We were already a Content Workflow customer before Bynder acquired the company so that was a nice coincidence.

3. How are you integrating your DAM? 

Currently our DAM is integrated with our marketing automation tool, our stock photography library and online graphic design platform. In the pipeline is an integration with a new content management system.

We have integrated Brand Guidelines with Google Analytics as well.

As our marketing tech stack continues to grow there’s always more use cases for integrating our DAM.

4. Where are you seeing the most value from Bynder?

The biggest benefit is that we have all of our brand and marketing assets in one place that everyone can access very easily and that’s resulted in fewer enquiries from colleagues who can’t find what the assets of guidelines they’re looking for.

We launched our Brand Hub at the same time we launched our refreshed brand and Bynder was a great tool for embedding those really big changes across the organisation and driving brand standards up.

5. What is something you’ve done that no one has done before?

This is a toughie because there’s a lot of really knowledgeable people in this community who are blazing trails with Bynder. One thing I’m proud of is how we set-up and launched our Brand Hub in less than three months. For us that involved migrating more than 50,000 assets from our old DAM and building all new guidelines and uploading all new assets to launch our refreshed brand on 1 January. I’m sure it’s been done quicker by other people, but we’re not renowned for our agility and moving quickly in our organistion so I think it’s a testament to the technology and our partnership with Bynder that we achieved that.

Another thing we have done is manually tag 53,000 photographs and weed out 19,000 photographs that were highly similar to other images in the DAM. We did this to improve search and reduce the number of nearly identical images appearing in search results and we did it without help from AI. Now I think it would be a cinch with AI-powered similarity search and I’m really looking forward to seeing how AI will assist us with the manual tagging of assets in the future. That will be a game changer for us.

6. What do you like most about the Bynder Community?  

I just like that it’s there and I can connect with other admins who are experiencing the same challenges as me and finding ingenious solutions. Let’s get more and more people using it because there’s so much we can learn from each other.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Congratulations, @jamieallan 

“launched our Brand Hub in less than three months. For us, that involved migrating more than 50,000 assets from our old DAM, building all new guidelines, and uploading all new assets to launch our refreshed brand on 1 January.” 

This is a fantastic achievement! Well done.

Manual tagging pre-launch is a painful yet ultimately rewarding task. We, too, are very much looking forward to AI tags, especially facial recognition.

Stella Mustacho. 😁😎

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the nice message @Andrew Edwards! 🙌

Userlevel 2

Nice to see you on here @jamieallan !! 

Userlevel 2

Thanks Maddie. You were with us at the start so you know our origins story as well as anybody! 😀

Userlevel 5

from what i saw a few years ago, you’ve setup a nice DAM :)

Userlevel 2

Thanks Danny!

That’s very impressive Jamie, congratulations on this achievement! I work for Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and we are currently migrating 40,000+ images from the old Bynder system to the new one. The prospect of weeding out and re-tagging so many images frightens me a little bit but one probably has to embrace the process… ;) 

Would be great to hear more about your experiences with the Guidelines section because that’s something we haven’t used before but want to implement soon.

Userlevel 2

Hi @ConnyBolter thank you! I’m happy to share how we are using brand guidelines and answer any questions. I’ve sent you a direct message and hopefully we can find a time to connect.